Connect with us

U.S.

Trump Curse Comes Back For Depp: Ex-Lawyers Sue Him Back

Published

on

(Via Deadline)

Still wrestling in the courts with his former business managers over millions, home foreclosures and claims of excess, Johnny Depp now finds himself at the legal receiving end of one of Hollywood’s biggest lawyers in a $30 million sword fight that is sure to take some of the cheer out of his Christmas.

Less than two months after the thrashing Pirates of the Caribbean star dragged his old attorney Jacob Bloom and his Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman LLP firm into the battle with The Management Group with a malpractice suit, the lawyers have sued back.

“Bloom Hergott has been damaged, and continues to be damaged, to the extent the parties’ fee agreement is not enforced and Cross-Defendants have not paid the reasonable value of the legal services that Bloom Hergott provided to Cross-Defendants, in an amount to be proven at trial, plus interest,” said a cross-complaint from Bloom and the firm filed last week in LA Superior Court against Depp and his corporate entities. The firm provided Depp with legal representation for decades and up to July of this year, according to the cross-complaint.

Claiming that there never was a “statutorily prescribed written contract” with his long time lawyer, Depp’s October 18 suit declared that “instead of protecting Mr. Depp’s interests, Defendants engaged in misconduct for their own financial benefit and violated some of the most basic tenets of the attorney-client relationship, all to Mr. Depp’s serious financial detriment, causing Mr. Depp substantial economic harm.”

At the same time as launching their cross-complaint, Bloom and his firm have also answered that scathing accusation by basically pronouncing the actor his own worst enemy. “The events and happenings alleged in the complaint, as well as ensuing injuries and losses, if any, were proximately caused and contributed to by the negligence, fault, and misconduct of Plaintiffs and/or their agents and representatives (whose acts, conduct, and/or omissions are chargeable to Plaintiffs),” said the now canned Depp attorneys to the seemingly financially tight Murder On The Orient Express cast member.

Johnny Depp’s DC-based lawyer Adam Waldman did not respond to request from Deadline for comment on the latest sets of filings.

While a further dunking for Depp, the cross-complaint and response shouldn’t be that big a surprise, as back in late October reps for Bloom and the firm said that they saw things differently than “Mr. Depp and his counsel on the law and the facts, and intends to defend the lawsuit vigorously.”

It also follows the pattern of the TMG dust-up after the actor first sued his old long time biz mangagers in a $25 million lawsuit back in January.

Soon afterwards, TMG filed a cross-complaint of their own against Depp in response to his suit that proclaimed that the actor’s spending habits were the real cause of his apparently shrinking bank accounts and he owed them over $500,000 in unpaid commissions. As the second of many shots the two sides have taken against each other since, that cross-complaint damningly detailed an opulent lifestyle of homes all over the world, lavish art collections, cars, boats, plus the $3 million Depp spent to launch the ashes of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson out of a cannon in 2005 and the $2 million he pays out every month on day-to-day expenses.

As the bile blew in both directions, TMG brought out a big cannon on November 8 and filed an action for judicial foreclosure against Depp. The dramatic move was to force the sale of five City of Angels properties owned by Depp run trusts to help repay a $5 million loan that TMG claim they made to the strapped actor in December 2012.

Right now, the next benchmark in this matter with Bloom and his firm is a case management conference pencilled in for March 16, 2018. However, if the love of litigation that this case and the TMG case has shown, is any roadmap, expect more paperwork salvos to be shot across the respective bows before then.

Jacob Bloom and his firm are being represented in this dust-up with their ex-client by Kurt Peterson, Peter Kennedy and Matthew Wrensahll of LA’s Reed Smith LLP.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

James Fishback Can Stop Byron Donalds From Stealing This Election

Published

on

James Fishback is the only candidate who can galvanize a real Florida First movement for the people. Byron Donalds is trying to steal the nomination like a thief in the night—money, endorsements, debate refusals, and institutional muscle—while the actual fight for ordinary Floridians gets sidelined.

Fishback, the 31-year-old fourth-generation Floridian and outsider, is running straight at the core problem: Florida is being priced out from under the people who live here. He is the only one treating that as the central issue instead of a talking point. Ban new AI data centers that drive up power and water costs while delivering almost nothing back. Stop private equity and corporate buyers from vacuuming up single-family homes so young families can actually own instead of rent forever. Eliminate property taxes on homesteaded homes for residents while leaving them on vacation properties and non-residents. Put Floridians first over donors, tech developers, and the permanent political class. That is what “populist” means here—ordinary people over the interests that treat the state as a product.

The energy is real. Young voters are showing up for him in ways the other campaigns cannot match. Campus events, packed small venues, early turnout among under-40s. They hear someone who sounds like he understands the cost-of-living pressure and the sense that the state is being sold out. No one else in the race is converting that frustration into a coherent Florida First agenda the same way.

Donalds has the Trump endorsement, the fundraising advantage, and the party machinery. He leads the polls. That is the reality. The way he is running is the problem. He refuses debates. The party set thresholds that only he meets so no official debate happens. Opponents get treated as illegitimate rather than answered. The strategy is clear: close the race with money and institutional power before the people-first argument ever gets a real hearing. That is how you steal an election in the dark—win the process while the substance never has to face the voters who are actually struggling.

Fishback is the only candidate forcing that substance onto the table. The rest of the field is counting on voters not noticing until the primary is already decided. The question now is whether Florida Republicans want a nominee who leads the movement for the people who live here, or whether they will accept the quiet, well-funded path that treats that movement as an inconvenience.

Continue Reading

Tech

Data Center Resistance Reckoning Against Tech-State

Published

on

Across America right now, ordinary citizens are shutting down the AI industrial complex one zoning meeting at a time. In the first quarter of 2026 alone, local opposition blocked or delayed at least 75 data center projects worth roughly $130 billion. Cumulative figures since 2024 put the damage north of $170 billion in announced capacity that never got built. Opposition groups have exploded from a few dozen to more than 800 across 49 states, representing hundreds of thousands of people. Polling shows 71 percent of Americans oppose a new AI data center in their community—higher than opposition to nuclear plants. New York imposed the first statewide moratorium on hyperscale facilities. Texas paused approvals. Local bans and restrictions now number in the hundreds. This is not fringe environmentalism. This is working families, farmers, and small-town Republicans and Democrats telling Silicon Valley and its Wall Street backers that American land, water, and power grids are not their private sandbox.

The pattern is clear and it is elite extraction. Hyperscale data centers for the AI boom suck up staggering amounts of electricity and water while employing relatively few people. Ratepayers get stuck with the grid upgrades and higher monthly bills. Farmland gets paved over. Quiet rural and suburban communities turn into industrial zones with constant noise and diesel backup generators. Tech giants and private equity players extract tax breaks and sweetheart deals from local officials while the costs get socialized onto the middle class. Northern Virginia already lives with this reality. Now the same model is being forced onto Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, Texas, Indiana, and dozens of other states. The Tech State—Big Tech oligarchs, their political enablers, and the globalist AI race narrative—treats American communities as disposable infrastructure for their next trillion-dollar valuation. They talk about national competitiveness and the future while ordinary Americans watch their energy bills climb and their wells strain. This is corporate cronyism dressed up as progress.

The consequences are already hitting home. Electricity prices are rising in data-center heavy regions because utilities must build out capacity that primarily serves these facilities. Water stress is real in arid and agricultural areas. Local character and property values take the hit. Officials who rubber-stamp these projects are getting primaried or voted out. The resistance is bipartisan in the best sense: it is citizens prioritizing their own communities over the abstract promises of distant elites. That is populism. Real America First policy would force these companies to pay the full cost of their power and water, end the tax giveaways, restore genuine local control over land use, and reject the idea that national AI supremacy requires turning the American heartland into a server farm for trillion-dollar firms. The public is already delivering that message at town halls and ballot boxes. The Tech State can either listen or keep losing projects. Working families are done subsidizing the next round of elite excess.

Continue Reading

Politics

Online Provocateurs Try to Sabotage America First, Nick Fuentes, & the Groypers

Published

on

There’s a familiar pattern on the online right. Someone builds something real over years — an audience, a coherent worldview, a network of young people who actually show up, a brand that survives deplatforming and institutional hostility — and then a new wave of operators appears to declare it illegitimate. They didn’t organize the events, endure the bans, cultivate the base, or hold the line when it was costly. They simply want the throne, or at least the right to tear it down for engagement.

That’s the story with the latest round of attacks on Nick Fuentes and the Groypers.

Fuentes did not inherit a ready-made audience or a friendly institutional lane. He built America First the hard way: livestreams that were repeatedly banned, campus activism that forced conversations the mainstream right preferred to avoid, a persistent focus on immigration, foreign policy realism, and cultural continuity that resonated with a generation of young men who felt the older conservative institutions had failed them. The “Groyper” label stuck because it described a real, identifiable cohort that kept showing up — at events, online, and increasingly in the pipelines of young Republican staffers and campus organizations. Even hostile outlets now admit the influence is measurable enough to worry about.

Building and maintaining that requires consistency under pressure. It requires continuing after payment processors cut you off, platforms exile you, and former allies distance themselves the moment the heat rises. It requires producing content night after night while the same critics who call it a “cult of personality” or “just streaming for donations” produce little of comparable durability themselves.

Contrast that with the new critics. Many of the loudest voices attacking Fuentes right now never constructed a parallel youth movement. They did not spend years turning online discontent into organized pressure. Some are lifestyle influencers or late arrivals who discovered the America First energy after it had already been cultivated, then decided the man who did the cultivation is the problem. Others are established conservative media figures who spent years ignoring or dismissing the concerns that Fuentes amplified, only to pivot into anti-Groyper moralizing once the numbers became impossible to ignore. Still others are former adjacent figures whose main contribution has been internal drama, fed accusations, and calls for people to abandon the only sustained effort in that space.

The charge that Groypers “haven’t earned the right to a movement” is particularly rich coming from people who have earned even less. A movement is not measured solely by formal PAC filings or official party titles. It is measured by whether people keep showing up, whether the ideas spread into institutions that once excluded them, and whether the core message survives repeated attempts to isolate it. By those standards, the record is clear: the people now declaring the project dead or illegitimate are usually the ones who never built a comparable alternative. They critique the architecture while offering no blueprint of their own.

What many of these attacks actually reveal is resentment at the existence of an independent pole. Fuentes and the Groypers represent a faction that cannot be fully managed by the usual donor class, media gatekeepers, or careerist influencers. That independence is treated as the real offense. If the movement can be framed as pure grift, pure online toxicity, or pure personality cult, then the hard work of building it can be dismissed and the energy redirected toward safer, more controllable channels — or simply dissipated through endless internecine fights.

Sabotage does not always look like open opposition from the left. Sometimes it looks like people on the same side of the broader cultural fight deciding that the one person who actually constructed durable infrastructure must be brought down so that no one else can claim leadership without their permission. The result is predictable: energy that could go into organizing, messaging, and institutional pressure is instead spent on purity spirals, fed-jacketing, and performative denunciations.

None of this requires treating Fuentes as above criticism. No political figure is. Tactical disagreements, questions about tone, or debates over prioritization are legitimate. What is not legitimate is the posture that says the only people allowed to speak about the future of the right are those who never did the unglamorous work of building an actual base that persists beyond a news cycle. The people who spent years creating something durable have more claim to it than the people who arrived later to declare it worthless.

Movements are not granted by committee or by the approval of competing influencers. They are earned by the people who show up when it is hard, keep producing when the platforms turn hostile, and refuse to dissolve when the internal knives come out. The new online critics have not done that work. They have not maintained anything comparable. Their primary contribution, in too many cases, is the attempt to dethrone the people who did.

That is not leadership. It is freeloading on someone else’s foundation while trying to knock the walls down.

Continue Reading

Trending

Donate to Populist Wire

*Note: Every donation is greatly appreciated, regardless of the amount.