Israel began warning thousands of African migrants on Sunday that they must leave by the end of March, officials said, under a plan that could see them jailed if they refuse.
On 3 January, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced implementation of a plan to deport about 38,000 migrants who had entered the country illegally, mainly Eritreans and Sudanese.
The controversial plan gives them until the end of next month to leave voluntarily or face jail and eventual expulsion.
Immigration authority spokeswoman Sabine Haddad told AFP that officials began issuing migrants letters on Sunday advising them that they had 60 days in which to leave the country voluntarily.
For now, the notices are being given only to men without families, officials said.
Israeli newspaper Haaretz said “anyone recognised as a victim of slavery or human trafficking, and those who had requested asylum by the end of 2017 but haven’t gotten a response” would also be exempt for now.
It added that this left the number subject to near-term deportation at “between 15,000 and 20,000 people.”
The authority is offering those who agree to leave a grant of $3,500, a flight ticket and help with obtaining travel documents.
Should they not leave by the deadline, the grant would be reduced and “enforcement measures” would be taken against them and anyone employing them, the authority says.
Israel refers to the tens of thousands of African migrants who entered the country illegally from neighbouring Egypt as “infiltrators”.
Israeli officials tacitly recognise that it is too dangerous to return Sudanese and Eritreans to their troubled homelands, but local media say the notices do not specify where departing migrants would be sent.
Aid workers and media have named Uganda and Rwanda, although both countries deny being a destination for migrants being expelled involuntarily.
Public opposition to the plan has been slow to build, but some Israeli airline pilots have reportedly said they will not fly forced deportees.
Academics have published a petition and Israeli Holocaust survivors wrote an open letter to Netanyahu last month pleading with him to reconsider.
Netanyahu on Sunday accused US Jewish billionaire George Soros of being behind the campaign against the forced deportations, Haaretz also reported.
Charlie Kirk Changes His Tune: But will he apologize?
United States – Once upon a time, Charlie Kirk was cool. A political commentator, often appearing on Fox News — impressive for a college drop out. He’s an example of how being intelligent and quick-witted can take someone a long way. Before Trump was the obvious Republican nominee in 2016, Charlie was still on the Ted Cruz train, calling Trump a political opportunist. To be fair, a lot of people didn’t quite know what to make of Trump at the time. He did come around as a MAGA guy, and shifted his messaging through his organization, Turning Point USA, towards combating socialism. He’s popular for his YouTube clips DESTROYING basement-dweller Antifa idiots (with FACTS and LOGIC). Whether it’s always been the case — or Kirk morphed over time — it seemed to many people that the only thing he wished to conserve was capitalism and the free market. For real conservatives, who wish to preserve their Christian culture, and even demographics, Charlie’s free market libertarianism just wasn’t fitting the bill.
In November of 2019, Charlie made the ultimate slap in the face to social conservatives and traditionalists. He went on tour, and named it the Culture War. The problem is, he replaced the battle of Conservative vs. Progressive virtues with an economic argument. He promoted mass immigration, which electorally leads to socialism, and even promoted “homosexual conservatives.”
You may recall a decades-long debate on meaning of marriage, culminating in the 2015 Supreme Court decision that ruled in favor of “same-sex marriage”. Along came the America First Patriots, sometimes called “Groypers”, to point out the hypocrisy. Their method of attack? The Q & A line. Many of these “Groypers”, were fans of online personality Nicholas J. Fuentes, who gave livestream advice on the type of questions to ask. The questions were well thought out, tough questions, mostly about immigration, but included topics on foreign policy and various social issues. What was Charlie Kirk’s response? He responded with indignation and arrogance. He even went as far as banning Nick Fuentes from his events, and slandering Patrick Casey as a White Supremacist for his involvement in a group called Identity Evropa. Identity Evropa is now defunct. Patrick now leads a group called the American Identity Movement, which seeks to fight globalism and end foreign entanglements.
After months of slandering people like Nick Fuentes and Patrick Casey for their “hateful” views, Charlie has had a change of heart on immigration. In the video below, you can see him demanding that we “suspend all visas until we reach pre-pandemic employment levels” and “to pass Senator Tom Sutton’s Raise Act.”
Millions of college students went into debt to get a high paying job
This is now the toughest job market in American history
Foreign nationals should NOT get preference until our students can get jobs
Pause ALL visas until we’re back to full employment
Put US citizens FIRST! pic.twitter.com/rhSLOWVEZc
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) April 10, 2020
This begs the question, why were the other’s views on immigration and demographic change based on hate? Why were the smears brought on them from the SPLC, ADL, and Antifa hacks valid? Former Congressional Candidate, and highly respected author, Pete D’Abrosca stated in a tweet, “I remember saying this almost to the letter on Tucker [Carlson] in December. I remember America’s largest news outlets calling me a ‘White Nationalist’ for it. I don’t remember Charlie Kirk or his ilk defending me.”
The Raise Act, introduced by Senators Tom Coffin and David Perdue, seeks to cut legal immigration into the United States by nearly half by ending family chain migration. The bill does not do enough in addressing visa programs, such as H1B, that leads to foreign replacement of thousands of high skilled American workers. A proposal such as Pete D’Abrosca and Jerome Bell’s 10-year moratorium at net zero would be preferable, bringing legal immigration down to pre-1990 levels of about 250,000.
Only time will tell if Charlie Kirk is sincere in his change of heart, or if he is just a shape shifter that secretly wants to staple visas to exchange students diplomas. Either way, one thing is evident, some apologies are in order. An apology to Pete D’Abrosca, Nick Fuentes, and Patrick Casey would go a long way in indicating his sincerity. Even reaching out to Michelle Malkin, who was much maligned for defending Nick Fuentes from the relentless mistreatment from Kirk and others from the Conservative mainstream. Perhaps, while he is up to this whole changing his tune thing, maybe he will go the extra mile and embrace a return to traditional Christian values. It is time, Charlie, not to yield the floor to Rob Smith, but answer Dave Reilly’s question, “how does anal sex help us win the culture war?”
Charlie Kirk could not be reached for comment.
#AdiosAmerica: Republicans (with Democrats) Are Selling Out America to Corporations to Decrease Living Standards
Since the turn of the 20th century, living standards became an important, almost central part to the progressive and labor movements of those times. Now it has become a mainstream of both parties to sell out your labor to lowest bidders in low and high paying jobs. Low paying jobs are being taken by low-wage immigrants protected by Democrats and the high-end jobs are brought in by bi-partisan means, and greatly boasted by Republicans.
This effort has crippled the middle-class for close to 30 years now and with the job market being already tightened by the looming threat of A.I., importing more workers, whether legal or illegal is decreasing the value of labor in America for each and American Citizen. Corporations and Businesses, who rely on keeping employee costs as low as possible generally don’t complain about these practices across the board, why would they?
Americans have an increasingly difficult task ahead of them with the mass illegal migration at the Southern Border but also the legal importation of immigrants through H1-b1 Visas. These challenges will increasingly change the look, heritage of this country. There is no incentive for either Government or Business to care about reigning in immigration to the benefit of the American worker, the bottom dollar line will look better anyways.
New 15,000 Person Caravan On Its’ Way?
When just things were seemingly dying down from the last migrant caravan that has last several months after the mid-term elections, a new caravan may be making plans to come up here. However, this time it looks like a massive caravan of 15,000 people is getting ready to head on up to the U.S. Border.
LA Times: Another migrant caravan — this one estimated at 15,000 people — is preparing to leave Honduras on Jan. 15, according to migrant rights advocates and Spanish-language media.
“They say they are even bigger and stronger than the last caravan,” said Irma Garrido, a member of the migrant advocacy group Reactiva Tijuana Foundation.
As the Government ‘Shutdown’ continues over Border Security in the form of funding for a border wall, this may give Trump Administration more leverage against the Democrats to make a deal, especially considering Trump has given no signs of giving up.